LaScalA – International Competence Center on Large Scale Agriculture
Organisation of agriculture
2017 - 2020
The International Competence Center "Large Scale Agriculture in Developed and Transition Economies" (LaScalA) is an international network of scientists and young researchers. The project enables the systemization of theoretical/empirical research and acts as a forum for exchange of relevant research ideas and results in the sphere of large scale farming. The project aims to investigate the organizational and ethical aspects of large scale agriculture as well as institutional frameworks that enable persistence of large agricultural enterprises. The project aims especially to fill existing research gaps in understanding the effects of large scale agricultural businesses on the economic and social performance of the sector, welfare and distributional justice in rural areas, competition in factor and output markets.
The project is divided into three general and mutually nurturing work packages (WP). We combine the tasks of systemizing and conducting research on organizational, ethical and institutional aspects of large scale farming (WP 1), linking and expanding the network of large farm scholars (WP 2) and establishing an interactive online platform dedicated to large scale agriculture (WP3).
- Coordination: Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), Germany
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Czech Republic Website
- International Institute of Social Studies (ISS), The Netherlands Website
- Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), Germany Website
- North-Western Research Institute of Economy and Organization of Agriculture (NWIAE), Russia Website
- School of Agriculture of the University of Buenos Aires (FAUBA), Argentina Website
- University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest (USAMV), Romania Website
- University of Missouri (Mizzou), USA Website
- Zhytomyr National Agroecological University (ZNAU), Ukraine Website
- Ukrainian Agribusiness Club (UCAB), Ukraine Website
- Center for applied research "TALAP", Kazakhstan Website