Since its foundation in 1994, IAMO has been a member of the Leibniz Association as a non-university research institution.
Leibniz institutes cooperate in various ways: they conduct basic and applied research in the interdisciplinary Leibniz Research Networks to address current scientific and socially relevant issues.The Leibniz Strategy Forums considershared concerns of cross-institutional research and thematic areas, based on existing interdisciplinary profiles of the Leibniz institutions. In addition, Leibniz institutions collaborate intensively with universities – including in the form of Leibniz ScienceCampi – as well as with industry and other partners at home and abroad.
- Leibniz Strategy Forum on Sustainable Agri-Food Systems (Flyer Pdf)
- Leibniz-ScienceCampus „Eastern Europe – Global Area“ (EEGA) (founding member)
- Leibniz Research Network "Biodiversity"
- Leibniz Research Network „Central and Eastern Europe“
- Leibniz Research Network "Environmental Crisis - Crisis Environments"
- Leibniz Education Research Network (LERN) (associated member)
- Leibniz Research Network "Spatial Knowledge for Society and Environment" (Leibniz R)