IAMO employs more than 100 staff members from some 20 different nations. The institute’s atmosphere is characterized by inquisitive scientific minds and friendly and respectful personal interaction – ideal preconditions for outstanding research. Gender equity and equality of opportunity, reconciling one’s work and family life, as well as supporting employees’ advanced professional training are all very high on IAMO’s agenda.
Jobs and Traineeships
IAMO offers positions for junior and experienced researchers, skilled personnel for our administration department, plus traineeships and jobs for student research assistants.
There are the following vacancies at the moment:
- Ph.D. position on “Combining GIS and SNA methods for effective BXW prevention in Rwanda” (Application deadline: 31 January 2018)
- PhD position (m/f) within the DFG Research Group "FORLand - Agricultural Land Markets - Efficiency and Regulation" (Application deadline: 31 January 2018)
- PhD position (m/f) within the EU Project "SURE-Farm – Sustainable Resilient EU Farming Systems" (Application deadline: 31 January 2018)
- Post-Doc position (m/f) in the project "UaFoodTrade - The sustainable internationalization of Ukrainian research structures" (Application deadline: 31 January 2018)
- PhD position (m/f) in the project "UaFoodTrade - The sustainable internationalization of Ukrainian research structures" (Application deadline: 31 January 2018)
- PhD position (m/f) in the project KlimALEZ (Application deadline: 28 January 2018)
- Research assistant/student assistant (m/f) (Application deadline: 1 January 2018)
- Two PhD positions in the research group "Economics and Institutions of the Bioeconomy" (Application deadline: 15 January 2018)
- Studentische Hilfskräfte (Department Structural Development of Farms and Rural Areas)
Call for visiting scientist from Caucasus and Central Asia
IAMO invites three scientists from Caucasus and Central Asia to carry out up to two months of research stay at IAMO. Visiting scientists will conduct research activities related to the topics of the project "Agriculture Trade and Foreign Investments for Sustainable Regional Integration in Caucasus and Central Asia – SARICCA" financed by DAAD. More information
IAMO and Kyiv School of Economics (KSE) invite applications
The Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) and Kyiv School of Economics (KSE), Ukraine, invite applications for a Post-Doc position (m/f), up to three PhD positions (m/f), and for a Project Assistant position (m/f) in the project "The sustainable internationalization of Ukrainian research structures in the context of the globalization of the Ukrainian food sector". The pilot project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for a period of 36 months. All positions will be based at KSE in Kyiv, Ukraine. Applications will be considered until January 31, 2018. More information on the project.
IAMO Visiting Research Fellowships
IAMO awards two-year research fellowships to excellent postdoctoral and senior scientists who demonstrate outstanding academic performance and strive to advance the state of the art. Further information on the fellowship programme and the application procedures can be found here.
Since 1997 IAMO regularly offers vocational education in different administrative fields and participates in the system of dual vocational education and training, cooperating closely with vocational schools, educational institutions, local chambers of commerce, and the Federal Employment Agency.