IAMO employs more than 100 staff members from some 20 different nations. The institute’s atmosphere is characterized by inquisitive scientific minds and friendly and respectful personal interaction – ideal preconditions for outstanding research. Gender equity and equality of opportunity, reconciling one’s work and family life, as well as supporting employees’ advanced professional training are all very high on IAMO’s agenda.
Jobs and Traineeships
IAMO offers positions for junior and experienced researchers, skilled personnel for our administration department, plus traineeships and jobs for student research assistants.
There are the following vacancies at the moment:
- Administrative Director (application deadline: 10 March 2019)
- Coordinator for Gender Equality and Diversity (application deadline: 22 February 2019)
- Post-Doctoral researcher Department Agricultural Markets (application deadline: 10 March 2019)
- PhD scholarship Department Agricultural Policy / SUSADICA project (application deadline: 25 February 2019)
- PhD position IPReS project (application deadline: 25 March 2019)
- Student assistants in the Department Structural Change (application deadline: 15 February 2019)
- Student assistants in the Department Administration (application deadline: 1 March 2019)
IAMO Visiting Research Fellowships
IAMO awards two-year research fellowships to excellent postdoctoral and senior scientists who demonstrate outstanding academic performance and strive to advance the state of the art. Further information on the fellowship programme and the application procedures can be found here.
Since 1997 IAMO regularly offers vocational education in different administrative fields and participates in the system of dual vocational education and training, cooperating closely with vocational schools, educational institutions, local chambers of commerce, and the Federal Employment Agency.