The German-Ukrainian Agricultural Policy Dialogue (APD) is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) since 2006. The project is implemented in cooperation with GFA Consulting Group GmbH as mandatary, IAK Agrar Consulting GmbH, Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Development in Transformation Economies (IAMO) and AFC Consultants International as project implementers as well as the National Association of Agricultural Advisory Services of Ukraine (NVLBU/Dorada) as project executing agency.
In accordance with market economy and regulatory principles, the project aims to provide advisory support to agricultural policy decision-makers in Ukraine for a socially balanced and sustainable development of the agricultural sector and rural areas. In a dialogue between German and Ukrainian institutions and experts, the experiences provided by international experts and jointly developed recommendations for action are used to further shape the Ukrainian reform agenda and to develop the competencies of the Ukrainian institutions involved. The current 6th phase of the project focuses on the following areas:
- Improving the use of opportunities in agricultural trade with the EU.
- In-depth exchange on the development of rural areas and the corresponding institutional framework conditions, strengthening of local administrations.
- Use APD as a platform for discussing key agricultural issues.
- Consortium Leader: IAK Agrar Consulting GmbH
- GFA Consulting Group GmbH, Germany (General Agent for the BCP)
- AFC Consultants International
- National Association of Agricultural Advisory Services of Ukraine (NVLBU/Dorada)