PhD position (m/f) in the project "The sustainable internationalization of Ukrainian research structures"
The Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) in Halle (Saale) is a public research institute that pursues basic and applied research in the field of agricultural economics. IAMO offers an excellent infrastructure and a stimulating research environment in an international, ambitious, and multidisciplinary team. It is a member of the Leibniz Association, a German network of non-university research institutes. The department of Agricultural Markets, Marketing and World Agricultural Trade invites applications for a
PhD position (m/f)
in the pilot project "The sustainable internationalization of Ukrainian research structures in the context of the globalization of the Ukrainian food sector". The pilot project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for a period of 36 months. The pilot project aims to develop scientific capacity-building within a cooperation project between the Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) and the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE). The project is composed of 4 well linked components: First, a joint research group is established, which is at the core of the project and focuses on questions of the integration of the Ukrainian food sector in regional and international markets. The second component includes the realization of capacity building measures at the KSE. Third, a project office is established. Fourth, the perpetuation of the project is prepared (business plan for the university chair/research center at the KSE). Successful PhD candidates will conduct their PhD in research fields which allow to improve the understanding of the integration of the Ukrainian food sector in regional and international markets.
- Outstanding Master’s degree (or equivalent) in agricultural/food economics, general economics, or a related fields with strong focus on econometrics or statistics
- Very good STATA skills; experience with SAS, SHAZAM and R of advantage
- High proficiency in oral and written English, Ukrainian or Russian language skills of advantage
- Interest in planning, designing and implementing of applied research and econometric analysis;
- High individual commitment to research;
- Communicability, openness and willingness for integration into team work.
- Outstanding international and multidisciplinary research environment;
- Participation in the English language Doctoral Certificate Program in Agricultural Economics
- Qualified supervision and support in the preparation of a PhD thesis;
- Support in preparation of publications for peer-reviewed journals;
- Participation in advanced training programs;
- Family-friendly working conditions.
The successful candidates will become members of the IAMO Graduate School and apply for a doctoral degree from Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg. During the analysis and writing-up period of the PhD thesis, the doctoral student will be based at IAMO in Halle (Saale). The contract is limited to 3 years. The salary is determined by 50% of the E13 level of the German TV-L pay scale. IAMO is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Disabled applicants with equal qualification will be preferentially considered.
Electronic applications (in English language) should be submitted as one pdf-file (no larger than 2 MB) to Ms. Antje Elsner (elsner(at)iamo.de) and should contain following documents:
- Letter of motivation (up to 1 page);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Electronic copies of all relevant transcripts and certificates of master or equivalent courses;
- Names and contact information of two academic referees.
Applications will be considered until January 31, 2018 or until the position is filled. The preferred starting date is February 15, 2018. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview via email. Solicitation costs cannot be reimbursed.
For further information on the advertised position, please contact Dr. Oleksandr Perekhozhuk or visit our website www.iamo.de.
Dr. Oleksandr Perekhozhuk
Department of Agricultural Markets, Marketing and World Agricultural Trade
Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO)
Theodor-Lieser-Str. 2, 06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
Tel.: +49 345 2928-236