IAMO Graduate School
We are always looking for promising PhD students interested in agricultural and food economics of the European Union, Eastern Europe and Asia.
About the programme:
PhD students at IAMO become members of the IAMO Graduate School and participate in the national Doctoral Certificate Programme in Agricultural Economics. Members of the Graduate School enrol in the study programme of the Doctoral Certificate Programme, which is offered as a third step on top of Bachelor and Master study courses in agricultural, food and environmental disciplines. The supervisors at IAMO are professors at the faculties of Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg and IAMO's senior researchers. Formally, the Martin-Luther-University is the PhD granting institution. Funding of PhD research at IAMO comes from a variety of research funding organisations such as Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft or the European Union, as well as from IAMOs core budget.
In March 2012 the IAMO Graduate School became a full member of the International Graduate Academy (InGrA) of the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg. InGrA stands for best conditions when doing your PhD: it supports students up to the successful completion of a doctoral thesis and entrance into a professional career and offers a disciplinary and trans-disciplinary qualification program. Currently, around 30 young researchers are working on their thesis at IAMO.
• an exciting work environment within an international network,
• an excellent technical and training infrastructure with participation in theory and methodology classes, in-house seminars on specific topics as well as in conferences and workshops
• access to a multidisciplinary research environment,
• collaboration with national and international decision makers in agriculture and food economics and policy.
• a university degree in agricultural economics or related subjects,
• interest in microeconomic and econometric analysis,
• English language skills,
• an individual commitment to research and an openness to work in an international and multidisciplinary team.
Get your PhD in Halle, the IAMO Graduate School is member of the International Graduate Academy InGrA at Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
The IAMO Graduate School is a Leibniz Graduate School.
“After completing my university studies in agricultural sciences, I decided to continue a scientific career. To this end, IAMO offers optimal network structures and a very pleasant work environment. Moreover, the wide range of cultural activities offered here convinced me to choose the city of Halle as a place to live.”
“When I had finished my degree in business administration, I was looking for a new challenge. IAMO offered the best perspective within the research community.”
“I came with a stipend to Halle and I feel much at home here. The culture, the people and the opportunities to advance my education are fantastic.”
“During my Master studies I was already interested in renewable energies. IAMO offered a wonderful environment and many partner institutions to further this interest. The international focus of IAMO is a big advantage for doing excellent research.”